Ingredients for Chicken or Pork
1lb boneless, skinless chicken or pork tenderloin
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp Real Greek Kalamata PDO Olive Oil
1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp fresh cracked pepper
Preparation for Chicken or Pork
- Cut chicken or pork into one inch cubes.
- Place remaining ingredients in bowl and mix.
- Coat the cut chicken evenly in mixture.
- Marinade for 1-4 hours.
Preparation on Souvlaki Skewers
- 1 large red onion, cut into small wedges.
- 12-16 cherry tomatoes.
- 4 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour (so not to burn on grill).
- Thread equal amounts of meat, onion and cherry tomatoes onto skewers.
- Grill on medium high heat until chicken is cooked through.
Preparation for the Souvlaki Pita
- 4 toasted pita breads
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup prepared tzatziki sauce
- 7 oz. Real Greek Feta PDO
- On each pita, place a portion of lettuce, one unskewered chicken or pork and a tablespoon of tzatziki sauce.
- Top with a portion of Real Greek Feta and serve