1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground lamb
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 large onion, diced
1 small can tomato paste
½ cup milk
2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped fine
1 tbsp nutmeg
6 oz baby spinach
2 cloves garlic, chopped
12 oz can of roasted peppers, drained and dried
14 oz Real Greek Feta PDO
- Thoroughly mix first 9 ingredients in bowl (not spinach, garlic or roasted peppers).
- Put parchment paper over a sheet pan and press meat mixture about one inch thick and in a rectangle, it should cover most of pan.
- Sauté the garlic and spinach together, lay evenly over the meat mixture.
- Open the peppers by tearing by hand. Layer the peppers on top of spinach.
- Crumble Real Greek Feta PDO and sprinkle over the spinach and peppers.
- Using the parchment for assistance, roll the meat mixture up so that it creates a pinwheel. Do not allow paper to get rolled up inside of meat but rather wrapped around finished pinwheel so that it protects the meatloaf as it cooks.
- Place in a pre-heated 350° oven.
- Cook until fully cooked, about 1 hour 10 minutes.